First Tee School Program
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Engage students in daily lesson activities that lead to development of basic golf motor skills
- Show students that golf can be a great lifelong recreation and health-enhancing activity.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
First Tee School Program gives physical educators all the tools to get started. We provide the training, equipment, and lesson plans that integrate life skills and values with the game of golf and motor skills. We have an online community for teachers and youth leaders delivering our program, providing access to the curriculum, resources, and connections with peers delivering the program around the country.
With more than 70 participating St. Louis area elementary schools and support from local communities, the First Tee School Program has established an impressive number of partnerships that encourage students to pursue their interest in golf and adopt its values beyond the classroom. By teaching elementary students First Tee’s Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits, we’re putting them on the course to a healthy and active lifestyle.